BKC – SK287 Angler Touring Kayak – 14.75-Foot Solo Distance Sit-In Travel Kayak for Open Water Paddling, Collapsible Paddle Included
The design of the Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC SK287 Touring Kayak was directly inspired by the same kayaks that plied Arctic waters for thousands of years. This 14-foot 11-inches long, 55-pound kayak is the perfect platform for a solo paddler who wants to safely and swiftly slice through all sorts of water conditions, from the calm of a still lake to the choppy seas of a bay or even the open ocean. Its cockpit offers more than enough size for most adult users, and with a weight capacity of 250 pounds, the Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC SK287 can also accommodate enough food, water, and gear for long outings. Dual water-resistant storage hatches and a cargo area with bungee tie-downs help secure the supplies you need for any adventure.
The Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC SK287 comes with a collapsible paddle that will help propel you along at high speed, while a foot pedal-operated retractable rudder makes steering easy. The HDPE hull is UV-protected and will last for years even with daily use, so go ahead and make this kayak your new go-to vessel for all-year, all-weather use. And if you’re a sea fisherman, make use of the pair of flush-mount paddle holders, too, which will help with trolling, still fishing, or with keeping your poles out of the way as you travel.
- Open Water Ready: The Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC SK287 14-foot 11-inch sea kayak was designed to slice through all sorts of water conditions, including ocean chop
- Rudder: Rudder makes controlling the Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC SK287 easy, so you can focus on paddling for propulsion. The rudder folds up out of the way in shallows or for storage
- Lightweight, Large Capacity: The Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC SK287 Kayak weighs only 55 pounds but can accommodate combined paddler and gear weight up to 250 pounds
- Generous Storage: The Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC SK287 Kayak features dual water-resistant hatches set into hull and a cargo space with bungee tie-down straps
- Rod Mounts: A pair of flush-mount fishing rod holders keep your fishing poles out of the way during paddling or keep lines in the water during trolling or still fishing.
*Due to COVID-19, we are working with limited stock. Pre-order now to guarantee your kayak. We promise to do the best we can to ensure a fun summer for you and your family.