The Bay ST is portable, versatile, and light – an unbelievable combination for a performance kayak. It will captivate beginners and experts alike, with a stable hull, and enough length and contouring for fast, sporty tracking. Ideal for camping excursions, adventures, day trips, or paddles close to home.
The Bay ST folding kayak is the original Oru Kayak, seen and launched on Kickstarter. These days, it’s now sold world-wide and it’s even in the permanent collection of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
The Oru Bay ST folding kayak is stable enough for beginners, while the length and contouring make it fast and sporty for experts. There’s plenty of room to stash gear for day trips and short camping excursions. Best of all, transforming the Bay from box to boat takes just a few minutes.
On the water, the 12 foot Bay ST is fast, sporty, and versatile. It can handle many different conditions and landscapes, from smooth lakes to ocean kayaking. It’s a closed cockpit, performance kayak that’s been tested on Class III rivers and played in 6 foot waves.
The Oru Kayak Bay ST is made from a single, seamless sheet of double-layered, custom polypropylene. It is factory-treated with a 10-year UV treatment and is rated to withstand 20,000 folds – making strength and durability not an issue! Each Oru Kayak model has been extensively tested in lakes, rivers, bays, and oceans, and they are quite stable and difficult to capsize!
Features and Details:
- Perfect for cruising around, exploring waters or coves, or taking on rougher conditions
- Fast moving kayak
- Built with simplicity in mind, it sets up quickly and folds up into the size of a large portfolio or suitcase
- Stash it pretty much anywhere: your trunk, closet, boat, garage, van, even under your bed
- 28lbs., making it less than half the weight of a traditional kayak
- 300 lb weight capacity, allowing room for 1 adult + plenty of gear
- Rollable in the event of a capsize
- Developed with modern technology and innovation
- Exceptional service and dependability
- Expertly made from sturdy materials
- Closed cockpit that allows you to put a spray skirt on for choppy waters, waves, or rain
- Adjustable footrest and backrest
- Seatpad – comfortable
- Fairing handles – easy grip to pull in and out of water or carry with a friend
- Deck lines – essential for stashing gear and self-rescues
- Zipper channels – watertight channels that quickly slide on and seal the deck
- Removable bulkheads – provides structure and organized storage compartments
- Lighter than a traditional kayak and extraordinarily strong, manufacturer-rated for 20,000 fold cycles
- Withstands sliding over rocks or bumping into obstacles under the water
- 10-year UV treatment
- 1-year manufacture warranty