Oru kayak – Coast XT Folding Kayak – OKY203-ORA-XT
The Coast XT is built for performance, speed, & handling. Designed for paddlers that dream of serious expeditions, this kayak can haul gear, track and accelerate, and it’s still lightweight enough to carry on your back.
On the water, the 16 foot Coast XT is swift and powerful. A kayak capable of serious performance, the Coast XT can handle ocean waves, calm lakes, and everything in between. It’s a closed cockpit, performance kayak that’s been tested on Class III rivers and played in 6 foot waves.
Inspired by traditional Arctic kayaks, the Oru Coast XT folding kayak is capable of serious expeditions and pro-level performance. As beautiful to look at as it is to paddle, with superb speed and handling, the Coast XT is Oru’s most sophisticated kayak yet.
A 36-pound boat the size of a large suitcase, the Coast XT is compact enough to store in your trunk, closet, boat, or garage. You can even check it on a plane or hike into remote waters with the Oru Pack.
They’re created from 5 mm double-layered, custom-extruded polypropylene with a 10-year UV treatment. Oru Kayaks are incredibly puncture + abrasion resistant and built to last. With a super tough hull, they can withstand sliding over rocks, bumping into obstacles, and they are rated to 20,000 fold cycles.
Features and details:
- Perfect if you’re looking to camp or go for that long paddle and want to carry some serious gear
- Comparable to traditional non-folding kayaks, the Coast XT handles open seas just fine
- Roll with it – for experienced, adventure seekers, it is capable of rolling – a necessary safety skill in Strong conditions
- Superior tracking and speed due to rigid hull and fold patterns
- Only weighs 34lbs., making it less than half the weight of a traditional kayak
- 400 lb weight capacity, allowing room for 1 adult + plenty of gear
- Fits our standard Oru Spray Skirt
- Closed cockpit allows you to put a spray skirt on for choppy waters, waves, or rolling
- Adjustable footrest and backrest
- Thigh braces – for extra control
- Seat pad – comfortable padding for long excursions
- Decklines – essential for stashing gear and self-rescues
- Fairing handles – easy grip to pull in and out water or carry with a friend
- Zipper channels – watertight channels that quickly slide on and seal the deck
- Removable bulkheads – provides structure and organized storage compartments
- Sets up quickly and folds up into the size of a large portfolio or suitcase
- Stash it pretty much anywhere: your trunk, closet, boat, garage, van, even under your bed
- Made of 5mm double-layered custom-extruded polypropylene
- Lightweight and extraordinarily strong, manufacturer-rated for 20,000 fold cycles
- Withstands sliding over rocks or bumping into obstacles under the water
- 10-year UV treatment
Oru Kayak Coast XT
1-year Manufacture Warranty
Coast XT – Owner Manual