Oru kayak – Beach LT Folding Kayak – OKY302-ORA-LT
Designed to make the outdoors more accessible, the Oru Beach LT folding kayak is one of the world’s easiest collapsible boats to put together. Perfect for both beginners and experts, it’s ideal for a casual paddle on calm water, spontaneous day trips and sharing with friends and Family.
The 26-pound boat the size of a large suitcase, the Beach LT is less than half the weight of a traditional kayak. It’s compact enough to store in your trunk, closet, boat or garage.
The origami-inspired design of the Beach LT allows it to collapse and fold up into a transportable and manageable carrying pack. Set-up can be done in only a matter of minutes!
Built with simplicity in mind, it still exceeds ORU Kayak usual high standards of strength and durability. And of course, it’s as easy on the eyes as it is on the water. Besides, are made from a custom polypropylene, with a 10 year UV treatment, and a 20,000 fold cycle rating! They are incredibly puncture + abrasion resistant and built to last! Each Oru Kayak model has been extensively tested in lakes, rivers, bays and oceans and they are quite stable and difficult to capsize.
With a bit of practice, the assembly will take under 10 minutes!
Since 2012, Oru Kayak has been designing and meticulously refining its boat fleet of foldable kayaks to offer paddlers the most liberating kayaking experience from the start to finish.
Features and Details:
- Great for day trips and casual fun
- Adjustable footrest – keep your legs comfortable whatever your height, provides maximum comfort.
- Adjustable backrest – sit up straight while you paddle, or lean back to soak it all in padded comfort for the long haul
- Tension rod – extra strength for the cockpit
- Fairing Handles – pull it in or out of the water or carry it with a friend.
- Buckle-closure system – side release buckles for easy and intuitive assembly
- Cockpit handles – sting it around with one hand, and carry paddles , extra gear etc in the other
- Bulkheads – keeps the bow and stern rigid.
- 1,2,3, fold – rated to 20,000 folds, one seamless sheet of chloroplast quickly transforms from box to boat
- Stash it pretty much anywhere: your trunk, closet, boat, garage, van even under your bed.
- Durable – lightweight but strong, the hull is puncture + abrasion resistant and built to last
- Made of 5mm double-layered custom-extruded polypropylene
- 26lbs., making it less than half the weight of a traditional kayak
- 300 lb weight capacity, allowing room for 1 adult + a pet or small child
- Wide cockpit for easy entry and exit
- Developed with modern technology and innovation
- Stable with superior tracking – a 28” width, hard chines on the hull, and a nearly flat bottom give extra stability
- With practice, it can be setup in under 5 minutes.
- Performance on flat water – has an open cockpit, making it ideal for calm water paddles – think extra space for dogs, kids, coolers and fishing gear
1-year manufacturer warranty
We recommend treating your Oru Kayak as you would a fiberglass, wood, or skin-on-frame kayak. Here are some guidelines:
- Avoid unnecessary dragging or bumping – use the carry handles to lift, instead of tugging it behind you
- Store out of direct sunlight
- Rinse the kayak thoroughly with fresh water after each use – sediment and salt that dry to the surface of the boat can be abrasive over time